Welcome to Weston Turville u3a (WTu3a). Whether you are already a member, or are looking to find out what we do we hope that you will find what you need here.
Our u3a was first formed in 2010 so we are still a relatively young u3a. We hope that you will find us diverse and welcoming and that you will find something to interest you. We have a wide range of groups and activities. If you want to know more just take a look at the Activities Tab on the website. The groups range in size from those that can comfortably be held in someone’s house (usually with tea and biscuits!) to the trips involving 50-60 members. By becoming involved with a particular group you will begin to make new and meaningful friendships. There is no limit on the number of groups to which you can belong, but active participation is usually required.
We hold a monthly meeting on the fourth Thursday afternoon of every month except December at the Rugby Club, Brook End, Weston Turville at 2.30pm. We usually have a guest speaker, coffee & catch up with friends, but from time to time we organise a purely social meeting with no speaker, such as a lunchtime barbeque. There’s a monthly e-mail newsletter (duplicated on this site) and on both there are reports about groups, trips and other future events. If you are not on email we can arrange a paper copy for you.
The membership year is 1st April to 31st March. Annual membership is normally £15.00 per person but is reduced to £10 for the year 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022 only. For those joining from 1st October, the membership fee is reduced to £7.50 per person.
These fees include a £3.50 membership fee paid to our national organisation, the Third Age Trust, which provides a wide range of services and benefits, including liability insurance cover and a magazine, Third Age Matters, published five times per year in February, April, June, September and November.
If you wish to Gift Aid your membership fee, please complete the Gift Aid Form. The Gift Aid WTu3a reclaims from HMRC is a significant amount and it assists us in maintaining a low annual subscription rate for our members.
Joining Weston Turville u3a
If you would like to join the Weston Turville u3a, please print off the New Member application form below, complete both sides in full and post it back to our Membership Secretary, Simon Evers, 3 Watermill Way, Weston Turville, Bucks HP22 5SR.
If you have any membership queries, please contact the Membership Secretary at email@example.com.
Renew your Weston Turville U3A Membership
If you are an existing member you will receive an email at renewal time to advise you that payment for the year is required. If you have any membership queries, please contact the Membership Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The most straightforward way to pay your annual subscription is to arrange a Standing Order (an instruction to your bank to make a regular payment), which continues to be paid until you stop or alter it. You can arrange to do this online, if you have internet banking, or you can telephone or visit your Bank to obtain a standing order request form. Or you can arrange a Bank Transfer.
Our bank details are as follows:
Sort code: 60-01-31
Account number: 50853236
You can also pay by cheque which should be made payable to Weston Turville u3a.
What’s in it for me?
There are many benefits of belonging to the u3a at both National and Local level.
As part of your membership you are entitled to
- Receive a copy of the magazine Third Age Matters posted directly to your home. This is published 5 times per year and contains articles and photographs from U3As around the country as well as information about things that are happening on a National level. You will have been asked about this on your membership form. If you are currently not receiving it, but would like to please contact our Membership Secretary (email@example.com)
- Access to the u3a National website. This is a valuable resource where can be found all manner of interesting things such as information leaflets, subject advisers giving support to Group Leaders, advice sheets, discussion papers, access to regional workshops and seminars, details of conferences and summer schools, shared learning programmes, on-line courses, a resource centre, 24 hour legal advice and exclusive events and offers.
At the monthly meeting where you have the opportunity to
- Meet friends old and new
- Find out what is happening with groups, events and trips
- Listen to different and often amusing speakers on a variety of subjects
- Sign up for trips and outings
- Socialise over a cup of free tea or coffee
At group level where you can
- Meet people with similar interests
- Have the opportunity to form closer friendships
- Find out more about a particular subject
- Share your knowledge.
As well as all that you will receive a monthly newsletter which will keep you up to date with all that is going on within our own U3A.