What’s in it for me?
There are many benefits of belonging to the U3A at both National and Local level.
As part of your membership you are entitled to
- Receive a copy of the magazine Third Age Matters posted directly to your home. This is published 5 times per year and contains articles and photographs from U3As around the country as well as information about things that are happening on a National level. You will have been asked about this on your membership form. If you are currently not receiving it, but would like to please contact our Secretary (Secretary@WTU3A.org.uk)
- Access to the U3A National website. This is a valuable resource where can be found all manner of interesting things such as information leaflets, subject advisers giving support to Group Leaders, advice sheets, discussion papers, access to regional workshops and seminars, details of conferences and summer schools, shared learning programmes, on-line courses, a resource centre, 24 hour legal advice and exclusive events and offers.
At the monthly meeting where you have the opportunity to
- Meet friend old and new
- Find out what is happening
- Listen to different and often amusing speakers on a variety of subjects
- Sign up for trips and outings
- Socialise over a cup of free tea or coffee
At group level where you can
- Meet people with similar interests
- Have the opportunity to form closer friendships
- Find out more about a particular subject
- Share your knowledge.
As well as all that you will receive a monthly newsletter which will keep you up to date with all that is going on within our own U3A.
So go on… what are you waiting for? Come and join us today.